Monday, November 30, 2009

Where Have All the Eagles Gone?

Okay, I admit it. I'm a believer now. So this weekend I cashed in my Susan B. Anthony silver dollars that my mother's mom gave to me (Net value= one dollar) and started buying real silver coins. I don't have enough to make a dent in the gold market, so I'm settling for the next best thing.

When I talk to people about investing, I seem to be on a different planet when I mention precious metals and commodities, but as this article explains, the fever is catching on. And what better way to protect your freedom than through purchasing REAL money.
 
NEW YORK, Nov 25 (Reuters) - The U.S. Mint said on
Wednesday it will suspend sales of the popular American Eagle
1-ounce bullion coins as rising demand depleted its inventory.
"The United States Mint has depleted its current inventory
of 2009 American Eagle 1-ounce gold bullion coins due to the
continued strong demand for this product," the Mint told its
authorized dealers in a memorandum on Wednesday.
 November sales to date were at 124,000 ounces, higher than
the 115,500 ounces sold in each month of September and October,
the Mint said.
The Mint said it expects to resume sales in early
December.
Increasing worries about inflation, a falling U.S. dollar
and geopolitical tensions are prompting individual investors to
take physical possession of gold coins and other bullion
products due to the metal's appeal as a safe haven in financial
and political crises.
Read the rest of the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment